GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
At Wise Masterbuilders (WMB) Childcare Ltd, we take privacy very seriously and we are currently updating all our records to ensure that we are fully meeting the new data protection standards (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The categories of children’s information that we collect, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, address, date of birth)
- characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, early years pupil premium eligibility)
- attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- observations and assessment information and tracking of progress
- medical information
- information on special educational needs and disabilities (including if accessing Disability Living Allowance and entitled the Disability Access Fund)
- referrals to other relevant services
- safeguarding information.
We also collect, hold and share some information on the children’s parents/guardians and emergency contacts:
- personal information (names, address, contact numbers and emails)
- National Insurance numbers.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE THIS INFORMATION
We use the children’s and parents’ data to:
- support their learning and development, to enable staff to plan suitable activities to extend their knowledge and skills
- ensure that all children are safe within our childcare provision
- monitor and report on their progress
- provide appropriate behavioural and emotional support as required
- assess the quality of our services as a childcare provider
- comply with the law regarding data sharing (GDPR)
- meet the requirements of the early years foundation stage (EYFS)
- make claims for funding
- make contact in the case of an emergency.
THE LAWFUL BASIS ON WHICH WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We collect and use children’s information under the following lawful bases:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you the parents/guardian of the child to provide childcare and the contract that we have with the local authority to provide funded childcare to eligible families.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (submitting data for the early years census).
Collecting children’s information
While the majority of children’s information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the GDPR, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain children’s information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing children’s data
We are required to hold children’s data for a reasonable period of time after children have left the provision (e.g. until after the next Ofsted inspection) as a requirement under the EYFS. The Limitation Act 1980 recommends that we retain data until the child reaches the age of 21 — or until the child reaches the age of 24 for child protection records.
Your data will be held securely and will only be accessible by staff who are authorised to do so.
WHO WE SHARE CHILDREN’S INFORMATION WITH
We routinely share children’s information with:
- Schools that the child attends after leaving our provision
- Other local childcare providers where the child is engaging currently (wrap around or blended childcare)
- Our local authority (for funding claims and the early years census)
- The DfE (annual early years census)
- Special education needs coordinators
- NHS services (health visitors and speech and language therapists).
REQUEST FREE WMB BROCHURE
We would love to send you our FREE well designed & Informative WMB Childcare brochure. We understand that making a decision on which Nursery to place your child can be a difficult one so we have covered all the basics for you. Please simply enter your details below and we will send you our brochure before you can say 1, 2 & 3.
With Love, WMB Childcare Ltd